Google+

Friday, July 4, 2014

The July Kit with Valerie


Happy 4th of July to those of you in the United States who are celebrating this fun holiday with fireworks, family, parades, and picnics!

Today is my last official blog post for C'est Magnifique Kits.  It's never easy to say goodbye, but by making this difficult decision, I will be able to pursue other interests, both personal and professional.  I have loved being a part of this awesome kit club, and meeting all of you.  I'm thankful for being given the opportunity to design with the beautiful international paper that C'est Magnifique kits are known for. 

I would also like to announce that our most recent addition to the design team, Cathi O'Neill, will be taking over as Design Team Coordinator.  If you haven't had a chance to meet Cathi, see this blog post from a couple of days ago.  I assure you that I am leaving things in very capable hands!

Now I would like to show you a few layouts I have created using the July kit:

This month I created all my layouts using the main kit and the Magnifique Mixed Media kit.   Like all of you, I added in a few items from my stash, as well.  When my husband and I travel to the country, I can always count on coming home with some beautiful bird photos, like this one of a brightly colored woodpecker.



The paper in the July kit is the Blue Fern Studios Ombré Dreams Collection.  The background has a dreamy water color look and is perfect for creating your own backgrounds.  Here I used one of the sheets with a little bit of orange and yellow, then enhanced those colors with media from the Mixed Media Kit.  





My final layout shows the watercolor look to this paper.   Although this layout is using a photo of my niece at the playground, the title really sums up my experience here at C'est Magnifique Kits - Happy Memories.


Here are a couple of close-ups.  



I assure you that great things are in store for C'est Magnifique Kits.  Enjoy your weekend everyone!

1 comment: