Google+

Friday, March 15, 2013

April is Right Around the Corner!

That's right.....it will be April before we know it.  We have assembled a beautiful kit for April featuring the Alma's Sewing Room line from Pion Design, a Swedish manufacturer.   

We have also put together two add-ons that are the perfect addition to this kit.  There are only a few add-ons available and they are sure to go quickly.  The first is our Flower Add-on.  We have included flowers from an assortment of manufacturers including Green Tara, Maya Road, Petaloo, and Prima. 


Our Embellishment Add-on for April includes items from Prima, K & Company, Blue Fern Studios, Maya Road, and KaiserCraft.


Now that you've seen the paper we're using, and the add-ons, we want to show you how it looks when it's all put together on a layout.  Keren used the kit with a photo of her son, while Erin chose a couple of photos of her niece.  This kit is very versatile, as you will see.

"Time Flies" by Keren Tamir

I used the Blue Fern Floral clock as a frame. I cut the inside clock and used it on the side. Then I framed the picture with the remainder. I Covered the chipboard in gesso, Then I sprayed it with Starburst spray. Finally I covered with Glass Bead gel. It looks as if I added micro-beads but its the gel. I wanted to use the blue and silvery hues for a layout about my boy. I wanted lots of clocks in it to signify time because I feel as if he's growing up so fast. Time is flying by!!


 From the Flower Add-on
Maya Road Vintage Sequin Flowers: Cream & Smoke
Green Tara: Damask: Cream

From the Embellishment Add-on
Prima: Sunrise/Sunset: Alphabet Stickers
Blue Fern Studios: Floral Clock

From my stash
Gesso, Doilies, Textured Paste, CW Clock template, Ice white pearl pen, 
Glass bead gel, Martha Stewart Punch, Memory Box Die

*****************************************

"Niece" by Erin Blegen

I've said it a hundred times, but my niece Lilah is just so gorgeous! I love her! This photo was stolen from my sister's Facebook wall- the conveniences of social media ;). I definitely focused on the purple in the kit for this one and I tried to create something as soft and feminine as she is. Though it's hard to see, I've cut out the inner most circle from the Blue Fern Studios clock piece and tucked it in to the right-hand side of my photo, after applying some purple mist, embossing powder, and microbeads.


From the Flower Add-On:
Green Tara: Damask: Cream
Petaloo: Darjeeling: Dahlias: Teastained Blues
Prima: Lifetime Flower Stem: Brown
Prima: Sugar Plum Roses: Eggplant

From the Embellishment Add-On:
Prima: Sunrise/Sunset: Alphabet Stickers
Blue Fern Studios: Floral Clock

We can't wait to show you how the rest of design team used this kit!  Enjoy your weekend. 

2 comments: